樂團：Hooton Tennis Club
專輯：Highest Point In Cliff Town
定價：黑膠LP附MP3序號 $796 *庫存1*
從前有Pavement、Supergrass，把lo-fi及britpop玩得輕浮有趣又好聽，現在來自利物浦，帶點The La’s (很用力唱"There She Goes"那個)、Cast影子的低傳車庫流行新銳 Hooton Tennis Club 懷舊補上。各家好評Q四星、DIY四星、BBC 6Music「當日最佳專輯」、Best Fit (8/10)、musicOMH (4/5)、Plymouth Herald (8/10)、NME「當周最佳新團」，而前The Coral主吉他手Billy Ryder-Jones製作整個太吸引人！
• Hooton Tennis Club release their cracking debut album ‘Highest Point In Cliff Town’ on Heavenly Recordings.
• The album was recorded and produced at Parr Street Studios in Liverpool by Bill Ryder Jones.
• Inspired by the plug-in-and-play quasi-improvisational approach of Deerhunter and Ariel Pink, the album is the sound of the summer of adolescence slipping into the autumn of adulthood. Here the wit of Kurt Vonnegut and twisted storytelling of Wes Anderson collide to tell tales of banal jobs, relationships, memorable parties and passing characters.
• Musically melodic, fragile, wonky, witty, poetic and pop (definitely, defiantly pop) the skewed melodies and oddball narratives combine in perfect symbiotic musical harmony, each song a small burst of sunshine to warm the coldest of hearts.
• Think Teenage Fanclub, Guided By Voices, Randy Newman, Big Star, Silver Jews… but birthed in Northern English towns in the 21st century.